Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Get your sunglasses ready!

Happy Valentines Day!

I have rebelled against a cliche valentines mani - I have decided to wear neon ;) Color Club's 'Volt of Light', an extremely fluro yellow, with a hint of green shimmer is the choice of the day. I even attempted a little bit of nail art, just to make the mani a little more interesting.


I have had this polish for a few years now, but I have never worn it properly. I actually really like it! Volt of Light is not just a flat neon yellow, it has that shimmer of pearl which you can see in the above image and also a subtle green which enhances the neon to have a glowing effect..


It is fairly sheer, I applied three coats but I probably should have applied four. With three it is 90% opaque, but looking closely at my nails I can just see the tips of my nails. The nail art, was kind of a half hearted attempt unfortunately. It began to rain in the process, so I needed to quickly finish it. It was a stencil that came with some 'Kiss' nail art brushes I was trying. And what happens when you rush? Smudging occurs. Normally I would have just removed the whole thing and started over - but I just had to take a photo while I was wearing Volt of Light.

I do have the entire collection of Color Club's Neon Candy - which I need to devote a post just to that collection I think. While wearing them at different times, it's hard to say which one I like the most - but the application of Volt of Light seemed easier than the other polishes. So I will put that post on my to-do list :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment