Wednesday, June 27, 2012

China Glaze - Stone Cold

In terms of The Hunger Games lets say I was a little late to the party. I only recently began reading the books and managed to finish the first book in time to watch the film on the last day it was playing at the movies! But now that I understand the hype and have become a fan myself - The Hunger Games collection from China Glaze also grew more appealing to me.

While I don't have the entire collection, I knew I had to buy Stone Cold. I had heard that it was a matte polish, but it isn't your regular type of matte. Put it this way, the name suits it well!

Stone Cold

Stone Cold


Hopefully you can see in these photos I have taken, that Stone Cold have a very dry finish. It looks and feels a lot of graphite!

Stone Cold

The above image is taken of after applying some hand cream. I love how different it looks even with the hint of shine from the lotion, making it look exactly as it does in the bottle.


Not the best of patterns, (seemed like a good idea at the time though!) I wanted to play around with different textures in polishes. The above photo is a scotch tape mani pattern over Stone Cold, the gold is Orly Lux - which is a fantastic opaque gold. If you are on the lookout for a blingy one-coater gold - seriously look into this one. The black lines are from a Hawley nail art polish, which add yet another contrast to the matte and bling.


Just before I decided remove this mani because I thought it was overkill, I added the Out The Door hologram topcoat to see how much of an impact it would make. Obviously it took away a lot of the contrast in the polish finishes, but I love how the holographic looked over Stone Cold! What do you think of the difference? Which do you prefer? :)

6 comments:

  1. oh wow! This is awesome! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great, very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is fantastic mixing and matching. I love the last 2 photos.
    Don't say you didn't leave it on for a couple of days!

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe thanks Sheila!! I love the combination of the matte and shine, but I didn't really fancy the design. It's one of those ones that looked a lot better in my head. I took it off in the same day because it was extremely distracting lol. But I'm going to try doing more patterns and getting used to the tape/layering process :)

      Delete