Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Matte Effect - Glitter

Since I receiving my Essie's 'Matte About You', I have been thinking about all different types of looks I can go for with it. Last year when OPI's Muppets Collection was released, I was crazy for Divine Swine - especially layered over black. Unfortunately at the time, the photos I had whilst wearing it weren't the best - and this is before I began blogging of course which is why it hasn't made it in a post. So I decided it was time to change that - and perhaps change the look of Divine Swine! I'm sure you know where I'm getting at now - so here are the photo's of my manicure, step by step.


wetnwild-wnw-black-polish

Wet n Wild's 'Black Creme', I don't think I have dedicated a post to this - so I wanted to show what it was like by itself. It is my go to black, because what you see here is one coat. It is insanely opaque and extremely glossy. WnW is a great brand, their products are so reasonably priced, if you need a one coater black for layering - I would really recommend this one.

opi-pink-muppet

Divine Swine.. It's pink, it's sparkly, it's just so pretty. The formula is clear, with magenta/fuscia glitter and the occasional but of silver hexagonal glitter. I wasn't too careful with applying this, because I knew what I would be doing with it next - but strategic placement can sometimes be tricky for the silver.




matte-polish-opi

What a huge difference the matte topcoat makes! See how everything has evened out and become nice and smooth? I love how the manicure went from pretty to a pretty with an edge type of look in a matter of seconds. So basically what has happened, is that the glitter still remains to have a shine - but the sparkly has now been mattified (?) and the Black Creme and Divine Swine now appear as a single layer. My gosh.

Why has it taken me so long to get this?!?! I love it. And now I have a crazy urge to mattify every single polish I own. D:


2 comments:

  1. I love mattifying my glitter polishes, and I have no idea why because I love sparkly shiny things! I love divine swine over the black :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol sparkly shiny rocks! I never thought I would be a matte enthusiast - but I'm sold :)

    ReplyDelete