Saturday, September 29, 2012

Wild Violets - Glitter Gal

This is the only Glitter Gal polish I own, that is a non-holographic polish. It's called a 'Shade Shifter' and Glitter Gal describes the effect of Shade Shifter polishes on their official site as "similar to those you see on wings of exotic beetles  -  they shift from one shade to another when viewed from different angles.

With a description like this, temptation got the better of me and I bought it.

shade shifter, glitter, gal, purple, blue, wild, violets


shade shifter, glitter, gal, purple, blue, wild, violets

shade shifter, glitter, gal, purple, blue, wild, violets

The colour of this polish is stunning. The multi-chrome shift between fuchsia, purple and blue is really effective. But I'm just not a fan of the formula. It takes a long time to dry for me! I've tried wearing this twice, once using Seche Vite and the other Out The Door but neither dry fast polish could make it set. I'm talking of a dry time of around an hour, which for me - is just a tad too long.

The formula seems hard to build up, but if you're too heavy handed on coats it will easily look chunky and messy. It's a shame because I love the colour so much! I really like the metallic foil shine, it gives the polish a bit of an edgy attitude which makes it look just as beautiful as the Glitter Gal holo's. 

It's weird, I seem to be the only one who has problems with this formula!? Other bloggers aren't mentioning the dry time, so I wonder what I am doing wrong :/ Have you tried a Shade Shifter? What did you think? :)

2 comments:

  1. Totally love this shade!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The end result, after a few coats it really is pretty :) Just takes some time lol

    ReplyDelete