Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Zoya - Storm

As soon as I saw the swatches for Zoya's Ornate Collection, I had to have them. The collection is full of holographic glitters and sparkles, how could anyone resist? I received my order a number of weeks ago, so today was an exciting day when I began to apply my first ever Zoya polish! I'll be posting about each polish individually, starting with Storm.

zoya, black, ornate, storm, holographic, holo, glitter

I tell you what, this polish took me by surprise. It already looked beautiful, as you can see above - a black glittery multicolour holographic... It has a beautiful shine and the application is amazingly smooth. This is only two coats with a top coat! I was already impressed before, until I caught a glimpse of it under direct lighting - to see it shining and reflecting all the various colours.  

zoya, black, ornate, storm, holographic, holo, glitter

The colour shifting makes the holographic glitter-particles stand out. It's crazy.... Stunning. But crazy. This image gives you more of an idea on how the holographic effect works within the formula. You can see the shifts of orange, blue, purple, gold and green. I don't own or know of any polish quite like it!

4 comments:

  1. Now that is gorgeous! Would you recommend who to buy Zoya through in Aus?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is an official Zoya website, but they sell polishes for $19 each... I bought mine from eBay, the whole collection (6 polishes plus p/h) cost $60! I feel a guilty endorsing eBay, but the cost of polish in aus really gets on my nerves!

      Delete
  2. I have been mini-obsessed with Storm since this blog post! I've seen a few other manicures with it and I just love it so much! For now though I will just have to suffice with painting China Glaze Fairy Dust over black laquer and pretend =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! It is stunning. You should follow my shopping mantra.. If you see something you like and you're still thinking about it a day later - go and get it. :D

      Delete